Saturday, November 10, 2012

84 degrees here! We made it to Guangzhou. Today i am thankful for Subway. There is one right down the street from our hotel. We are staying in The China Hotel owned by Marriot. It is very nice and large. We have a Starbucks on the first floor a covenience store and McDonalds right beside us. I think I like it here. I am also thankful for the pants I put on Lydia today. The legs stayed down the entire day. I have been pulling the legs on her pants down all week when I carry her. It drives me nuts. Well the flight was ok. She had a meltdown for the first 20 mins or so, which almost caused me to start asking someone for a cigarette. They all smoke over here. But then she fell asleep before we even got off the ground. I feel so bad for her. She has no idea what is going on, she is with these crazy strange people who don't let her nap because they run all over the place, and then we put her on a plane which she has never seen. Overall she did good. She was so tired tonight. It was like Jekyll and Hyde. She was laughing and carrying on one minute and then trowing herself on the floor crying the next. I took away the instruction card from the remote from her because she was putting it in her mouth and she lay beside me and cried a river. I rubbed her head and she fell asleep after about 15 min. I can't wait to get her home so she can get on a schedule. This is brutal even for a young guy like me, cough, cough. Tomorrow we are doing a tour of a Buddhist temple, another place that is 1400 years old and Rosanne's favorite an arts and crafts show (yawn). We will be back at 12:30 and then dinner with the entire group at 5:45. 17 families in our group. That should be fun. 17 families lives changed for the greater, 17 parent less children welcomed into a loving (and from what I have observed) mostly Christian home. How awesome is that? What else can I tell u? I ate dried peas today and they were good. I know Kim will like that because I am not a fan of peas. The lunch on the plane was either chicken and rice or fish and rice. I obviously had the chicken. Never did find any chicken in there. My hip needs replaced I am pretty sure (so does Rosanne's). If I don't loose any weight on this trip I will never excersise again cuz if you don't loose weight with all this walking, you never will. One more thing, I love this little girl Signing off for now! Russ

1 comment:

  1. Hi Russ,Kim,Roseanne,Addison and Lydia,

    Good to hear you made it to Guangzhou and are enjoying all the modern conveniences.
    It sounds like your group is a nice size and probably will meet several couples that you will keep in touch with in the future after you return to the states.
    After a quiet,and routine daily schedule at Eagles Wings, Lydia probably does feel like she is on a crazy never ending marathon with sites and sounds she has never experienced before. Only a couple more days.
    Keep your walking shoes on and enjoy your time at the crafts and art show! :-) Sincerely, Carrie

    ReplyDelete