Monday, November 5, 2012

GOT HER!!!! We walked into the registration office at 9:30 AM and there she sat with her Ayi(nanny). What a beautiful little girl she is. We had a scream session for about an hour. I think when her Ayi left and we got out the gerber banana puffs everything calmed down! Her Ayi stuck around a long time, I know it was very hard for her to leave. She loves Lydia very much. We are so thankful that she took such great care of her. We promise to love her lots. She is soooo tiny. Has 9month pants on and she is 20 months old. She does not want to be put down at all so either myself or Mimi holds her all the time. We got a few smiles and laughs out of her, she said mama and dada when looking at our picture (though I missed it). She has eaten Cheerios, rice (bowl and a half) and 3/4 of a banana. The only thing she hasn't liked is gold fish. She finally just feel asleep on me about 10 mins ago 5:20 or so. I slid her off of me onto the bed. She has a cough and her chest is rattling so pray that it goes away. For anyone ever wandering how you feel about an adopted child--no different. Unconditional love as soon as I saw her. She is ours, whether she looks like us or not, it is an awesome blessing. Signing off for now Russ.

6 comments:

  1. I jumped out of bed this morning and the first thing I did was check this blog. I was NOT disapppointed. I have tears running down my face. I am so happy for you. Lydia is one lucky little girl! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really never thought I wouldd post personal stuff but its not that easy to talk with them esp since the time cahnage and all so I am expressing my emotions through our blog...sorry if this offends anyone!!
    I am reading this our time at 5:30 am b/c I can't sleep!! all i can say is Thank you GOD.... truly THANK YOU GOD he pick this child for us and we promise to raise her and love her unconditional!! I am so blessed to have a husband and Mom that has taken the time and traveled thousands miles away to get our baby girl!!
    I am so happy that she let you hold her Daddy!! great news!! I pray for you all and I can't wait to skype with you all this morning and see her for the very first time and FINALLY say I am your mama!!! I have butterflies in my stomach and my hands are ahaking as i write this it truly makes all my DREAMS come true I FINALLY HAVE MY WHOLE FAMILY!!!!!
    GOD IS GREAT!!! PLEASE pray that they all keep healthy as I know Russ said Lydia has a cough and her chest is rattling, I also know my Mom is not feeling that great she is getting a cold to we think I PRAY SO HARD that this symptoms all GO AWAY for them!! they are having a horrible time with NOT having that much HEAT in there Hotel Room and its like 30 degrees there!! they have ask but not getting much response from the hotel people!! GRRRR they need heat for little ones and for them!!! this MAMA might have to fly over there!!! HEEHEE!!! love you LYDIA JADE GOODMAN and MEME AND DADDY!!
    ~~~~ love you all so much wow its just so good to know she is ours now!!! prayers for this trust factor and this transition time!!!
    ~~~ MOMMY and Addison (she is still sleeping but I know she is so excited to meet you Lydia)xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Russ, Kim, Addison, and Roseanne,

    Congratulations! After all the waiting,a soup sale dinner, sub sales, endless paper work, and traveling literally half way around the world, you are finally able to hold your daughter.
    Looking forward to hearing more about Lydia. As each day progresses, she will continue to open up and trust you more. You will discover beautiful little,unique traits, likes and dislikes. We continue to keep all of you in prayer and hope that everyone remains in good health. Congratulations again! Sincerely,Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww!!! So happy for all of you! I cried as I read this post. Amazing journey you all have been on, and a very long trip for Russ and Roseanne. Thank you for sharing this. God is good. And with him anything is possible. With God and Love miracles will never cease. :) I can't wait to meet Lydia Jade (I LOVE that name!!!)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks everyone for the comments and phone calls and text messages wow we have such GREAT family and friends!! WE SINCERLY LOVE YOU ALL!!!!
      I can't wait to see her and hold her for the first time!! we have a ways to go yet and Addison says about 15 times a day "Are we going t the airport to pick up Daddy, Meme and MY little sister"!! i just keep doing the stickers on the sticer chart that's how we are counting down our days!!! again THANKS EVERYONE FOR FOLLLOWING OUR JOURNEY!!!!
      ...... love, Kim and Addison

      Delete
  5. I am so so happy. This post brought tears to my eyes. I really needed to hear some good news this morning. Thanks, Russ. Can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete