Thursday, November 8, 2012

Today was Foster Care visit. Eagles wings. Google it, they do great things. Anyway it was about 1 hour 45 min drive but took about 215 due to traffic. I figured the pollution would get better as we got out of zhengzhou. Wrong. It's sad because so many beautiful building but you can see anything. I feel bad for the people that have to live in this. Anyway passed a truck full of pigs; as well as a motorcycle with mom,dad, and baby in the middle(and I do mean baby). Eagles wings Is located on the fifth floor of an apartment building. Pretty much everyone lives in apartments here. You can buy and sell them but when you de they go back to the government. The outside is pretty grim but when you enter the apartment everything is new. I would say about 1200 square ft max. Small kitchen, baby bedroom with probably 8 cribs, guest room for volunteers, a main living area and a bathroom. Nice hardwood floors and very clean (I knew it would be). We got to meet Donna the director as well as her daughter and all the ayis (nannys). Lydia was running around and playing with her friends. Many cute kids there for sure. This place is supported completely through donations, so if your interested google it. Lydia cried just for a minute when her Ayi handed her back to me, then she was fine. On the way back I played music from my iPad and she sang and danced. Never fused, she is a good baby. She really isn't a baby anymore ur she wears 9-12 month clothes so she looks like on. She babbles a lot to which I like. We got back and then I walked with a few other people to Pizza Hut ! It's past the Walmart--I'm getting sick of walking and of dodging scooters! We are all ready yo come home. Miss my girls. Anyway the pizza was ok but not as good as USA Pizza Hut! Lydia seems to be getting better during the day, but at night she coughs a lot. I just had to take her in the bathroom and run the shower to get her out of a coughing spell. We have a doctor in our group and he said he would listen to her lungs for me so we will do that tomorrow. I pray that this antibiotic will show major progress tomorrow. I don't want to have to take her to a doctor here. Tomorrow we will go to the orphanage that she was first brought to when she was found and stayed the first month of her life Stay tuned Russ

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the updates. I am checking several times a day! Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying that Lydia's medicine starts to work and that she is feeling better very very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for keeping us in the loop. It is wonderful that we can "live" this with you. We will be praying for Lydia's symptoms to improve each day. Hugs to you and Rosanne!

    ReplyDelete