Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Today is Wednesday here. We have nothing scheduled today. I went to Walmart by myself. It is about a 2 miles walk that is a little intimidating but I MADE IT. Got your bowls Carrie and picked up afew for us. Spoons too. Lydia got an antibiotic so hopefully that will improve things. They come in a packet and dissolve in water. She was not happy with me but I had to use a syringe to get it in. I'm sure this will be the first of many times she is not happy with me! We are getting bored in the room so we are going to go to dinner after this. Island cafe. We shall see! Last night was good. Chinese food, we really enjoyed it. Lydia is not drinking as much as I would like, maybe a sore throat as well. I am looking at the translation book and asked her in Chinese if she was hungry. Must if done good because she shook her head yes! Wish I would have learned more. It is nice to communicate with her. I will just keep reading the book and see what she responds to! Also looks like we are going to get to go to Eagles Wings tomorrow. This is where Lydia has been since she was 1 month old. We are excited about it, but I am worried that she will get upset all over again. We will see but I want to get lots of pics for her in the future. Signing off for now, if we get to go tomorrow check the blog,I will update it Signing off for now Daddy, MiMi, and Lydia.

3 comments:

  1. Hope she gets feeling better soon. Thanks for the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and MiMi are doing a great job Russ. Can't wait for you to get home! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Russ,Roseanne and Lydia,

    I hope you all are feeling more rested and Lydia's antibiotic is effective.
    If someone spotted you walking to our WalMart in Cranberry, they would probably think you were quite silly. But in China, I am sure there were several hundred other people out walking or riding their bicycles to get to Wal Mart,also. Regardless, thank you for picking up some bowls for Kelly. Great!

    Russ, keep up the good work at speaking Mandarin with Lydia. :-) I'm sure it is very refreshing to her to hear you speak her native language. She is experiencing so many changes in her life it is very comforting to keep something that is familiar to her. It is the little things that make the big difference. Please, tell her Nihao for us.

    We look forward to your daily updates and sharing your adoption experience. Sincerely, Carrie

    ReplyDelete