Friday, November 9, 2012

We are winding down our time in zhengzhou . It is 9 pm here and Lydia is crashed on the bed. I lay next to her with her blanket until she falls asleep. It takes her about 3 minutes. I shouldn't do it but I can't help it. Plus I like to look at her when she is sleeping. Such a beauty queen. Now I have two (u two Kim!). This afternoon we took a walk in the park. A very big park. We walked a little over an hour. I am not in my early thirties anymore as my legs and hip hurts from carrying her the entire time. We got lots of stares and smiles from the locals. We saw a McDonalds but we weren't hungry yet so we didn't go. The doctor is our group came and looked at Lydia tonight. Bronchitis. He wasn't concerned said she will get better and probably didn't need the antibiotic but to finish it anyway. Thanks Doc! She is getting better PTL. Nose has stopped running and she isn't coughing as much. She's getting her tude back. She's a drama queen, but we are used to that. If you take something away from her you would think you cut her foot off. Tonight I went in the bathroom and she stood outside the door and screamed for about 2 mins then threw herself on the floor. So funny. Again, she will fit in just fine. She has a funny/sweet personality and she seems to be into everything but not destructive. Rosanne packed one suitcase then moved onto the next. When she turned around Lydia had unpacked the first one. She was picked for us long before we ever decided to adopt, I have no doubt about this. Well we have to depart here at 8:00 am or 7 pm Friday night for you Pennsylvania folks. Pray that she does well on the flight. About 2 hrs. I hope so. She does good riding on the bus for long periods of time. We are looking forward to the temp of around 80 at our next stop. I will try to bring it back with me; don't get your hopes up! Till next time, Russ

4 comments:

  1. I am so proud of Lydia. Can you say awesome adjustment??!!?? I know it's only just begun - but it's a true blessing for all of you!! You are right - she was picked just for your family :) I can just picture her and Addison together -- they will make a GREAT TEAM!! Don't turn your back :) So relieved she is feeling better. Get I get an AMEN to that!?!? Good luck on your trip tomorrow!! Constant prayers for you all. Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic news that Lydia is starting to feel better! And getting her outfit is awesome! :) She sounds like such a joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    Lydia's personality is blossoming. :-) ! She trusts you and feels comfortable enough to rummage through your suit case. Too, funny. It is good to hear she is feeling better.

    I think you will have experienced every form of transportation there is by the time you return to Pennsylvania between cars,buses,trains and planes. Have a safe flight.

    Guangzhou is your last stop. Thank you for your posts.

    Sincerely, Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear Lydia is feeling better! She sounds like a wonderful addition to your family! Can't wait to meet her. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete