Monday, November 12, 2012

Medical exam day. Well we got our Visa picture today. Lydia got up at 6 am this morning an hour before normal. Lets just say that by 10 I was ready for a nap. She fell asleep on the bus ride to get her visa photo. Anyway we had to wake her up and she was not a happy camper. We shoved he in a chair and snap snap. Of course those weren't any good so they had to get the squeaky toy out and shove that it her face. For some reason the one with her bawling was perfect. She is a very sensitive girl and for some reason the officials are always loud and in a hurry so needless to say she doesn't respond well to them. Next was her medical exam. Nurses station was weight height and temp. She cried as soon as they looked at her. 18.7 lbs. anyway next was the ENT then the general exam. The nice part was that she cried at every doctor so they got her in and out faster than any of the other kids. ( I mean cries the kind where no sound comes out). The funny thing is she turns it off lickity split. I keep looking for a switch. We returned about 12:30 and she took a 3 hour nap (I got about 30 min). Rosanne read for a while and then she went for a walk. Didn't get lost so that was good, I never know if she will return. We went on the Pearl River Cruise tonight. We got good pics. It was very nice. The food was lousy. It was buffet. I was getting something out of a pan until I realized there were about a dozen chicken heads staring at me. No thanks. Ended up eating ice cream and cake. That's the American way. Lydia had agood time. We stood on the top floor outside and looked at all the pretty building. She is daddy's little girl an I am soaking it up as much as I can because I know her mom ans sister will steal her away when I get home. She now says bye and is waving to everyone ( I have a feeling that someone before us was working on bye-bye). She is smiling at other people as well. This is all great progress as she used to cry if anyone but myself or rosanne looked at her. That's about it. Tomorrow is the Zoo. Hopefully they let us out. I'll update everyone if they do Russ.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad your sense of humor is BACK!! I am sure Rosanne is enjoying it thoroughly (cough, cough!!) We are so loving hearing all the stories and details of the trip. I think I would have had cake and ice cream too if I came across a chicken head. (gag) Lydia is such a trooper - imagine all the changes for her now. She has no idea where in the world she is and what is going to come next. Love on her like no ones business -- she needs it so much!! We are praying they don't lock you in the zoo :) love you all and sincerely praying for each day to pass by with quick and happy days = each one better than the next for Lydia and Rosanne. You can tough it out! lol love ya brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Our guide, in Beijing ordered us an appetizer of deep fried chicken feet with his own monies. He was very disappointed that I would not try them. He then said quite seriously, I was a spoiled American. I will never forget it. What the Chinese culture feels is a delicacy versus the American culture likes as delicacies are two different concepts.

    It is good to hear Lydia's trust of you and Roseanne is strengthening each day. Enjoy the zoo.

    Sincerely,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a pretty good day! I can't believe you didnt try the chicken head soup! Scott said Rosanne and Lydia won't have any problem getting out of the zoo but they'll probably corner you! They probably have a special exhibit just for you! But seriously we love reading your blogs and cannot wait until you are home. The church is having a prayer vigil for your return trip. We'll be praying! Love you all!
    Scott and Amy

    ReplyDelete