Sunday, November 4, 2012

Hello from china!  I have finally figured out how to get on this blog over here. Anyway it has been a very busy first couple of days. We have walked almost the entire way up the Great Wall of china.  No easy task but well worth it.  We visited a Jade factory and purchased a couple of things for the girls.  We visited the birds nest from the 08 Olympics and went to an acrobatic show as well. Today we flew to Zhengzhou. Went to the bank and exchanged $1000 US for $6718 RMB. Feel rich!  To bad it is not worth as much as it sounds!  Also went to Walmart to stock up on supplies. We will be here for 6 days.
China is a very interesting place. I would never drive here, the traffic is nuts and no one obeys anything. Worse than LA traffic for sure. Beijing is huge and people are all over. I think the population in 15-20 million. Nuts. The smog was heavy and while we were there it rained and snowed therefore we were not able to "see" a whole lot!
Zhengzhou has less pollution so you are able to see better. It is also a large city but not as big as Beijing. The weather is in the 30's and was clear today. Food is interesting. The breakfast buffet has salad as well as French fries. I had a hard boiled egg,bacon,oj,rice crispes, and French fries for breakfast! I figured if its there then it can't be wrong to eat it!
One thing that I have noticed is how professional the workers are in the service industry. They are very polite and still dress in the historical ways. I.E.  the bell men wear caps and the airline stewardess wear the hat and uniform. Seems that the U.S. has lost this and I find it neat that China has not.
We are feeling very filled with excitement and anxiety for tomorrow. In about 12 hours we will have her! Just praying that all will go well and Lydia will trust us. Praying The Lord will give her comfort
This will be traumatic for her as she will be taken from all she has known since she was 1 month old.  I know that this is the plan and that God will see us through.  Just praying that her transition will go smoothly.

Signing off for know, forgive any grammatical errors as I am typing from and iPad!

Russ

2 comments:

  1. Yeah,!!!! you are finally on here!!!! So happy to read this from you Russ!! I pray that God will be with you all and that she will trust you and Mom.... Just when i thought I was all done crying.... geez then i read this.... I so wish i was there to see our precious baby girl. I am sorry I am not ..but I do know that God is with you and lean on him for guidance and direction for helping Lydia transition!! I am waiting 8,000 miles away very anxious and excited to hear and know how things are going!! We love you Russ and Mom(Meme) God be with you all in the next hours as you wait and see her for the first time!! Wow so so emotional!! remember how we just stared at Addison when she was born and thinking what a precious gift we have recieved from God!! I am just thinking about WHAT AN AMAZING GIFT WE ARE GETTING AGAIN!!! Thank You God for leading us to Lydia for keeping her safe for us to come and make her a part of our family!! Mommy and Addison can't wait to meet you !! xoxox!! love you russ and Mom(Meme) ~~~~ love ya, Kim & Addison

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so good to hear from you Russ! I told Kim this morning at church I check this blog about 20 times a day! Glad you are safe and making your way to Lydia. She is one lucky little girl! Give Rosanne a big hug for me. We are trying to take care of Kim and Addison but she seems to have everything under control! (haha!) Emotions are running high around here! We (the church) are having a prayer vigil for your return trip! So just know we are thinking of you and praying for you every step of the way! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete