Sunday, November 4, 2012

Good morning from China. It is 6 am here Monday which would make it 5 PM Sunday there. Can't sleep over here. I am sure I will get used to the time change just before we come home. Slept the best last night which was from about 12:30 until 5:15. I expect that tonight will be even less as Lydia might not sleep much. We are 3.5 to 7 hours away from Gotcha!! Bought supplies from Walmart but have no idea how to prepare them because all the directions are all Chinese. I am going to go by memory for the formula. 1 scoop per 2 oz...right? It will all work out for sure. We have 10 families on this journey and several of them are here for the second and third time. I am sure they will be helpful. Rosanne is being a trooper. This trip can be grueling, not much down time. She is doing great though. I let her sneak a nap yesterday, then dragged her to Walmart after that! We are popular in china. A lot of stares in Zhengzhou. It's my looks I'm sure --haha. We are in Avery nice hotel as well, but the room is cold (even for me). We tried to get the hotel to fix that. Not so much. The communication gap doesn't help. They tried to tell me they would have the engineer turn the heat up in our room specifically. I'm thing they are full of it, but I let it go because they can't understand me anymore than I can them. Signing off for now, will try and update everyone tonight which is tomorrow morning for all of you Russ

3 comments:

  1. Well the hour is here!!! OH MY GOSH .... I am so very thankful to my Mother in law and Fatherin law for coming out and making my evening go by quikly and we had fun!!! THANKS for keeping me busy and helping with Addison!!!
    AS FOR Russ YOu are going be a great Daddy again I know it!! YOu will do fine !! Walk the floors with her like you did Addsion!! hee hee!!
    Mom ~~ you are a trooper.... I saw you tonight on skype and my heart is happy and sad ... Happy because you are the best MOM ever who else would do this for there daughter?? YOu have gone through alot with me and now FOR ME!!! I do owe you "big time" Thank you from the bottom of my heart You truly will never know how much you mean to me,.... You know I don't know how many emotions a person can have but let me tell you I think in the last 4-5 days I have felt them all between missing you both badly, feeling guilty for not being there, having Mom go thru this grueling stuuff breaks my heart (i never would have let her go if I would have known this) wow and then NOT BEING THERE TO SEE my precious BABY GIRL TODAY!!!! WOW... I think everyone should go thru an adoption process it really makes you appreciate things in a different way!! I know as I am sitting in Pennsylvania they are holding our beautiful LYDIA in China and I can't say how grateful I am to her Foster care house!!! EAGLES WINGS THANK YOU!!!! HUGS TO ALL 3 OF you !!! 10 days till you start home 11 for us!! LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!! <3 xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Russ and Roseanne,
    You are both describing similar roles in adjusting to the time changes as Michael and I experienced during our travels. I was always ready for a nap and Michael would be sitting at the lap top blogging and typing away. You are correct. The last few days you are there, you'll start adapting and then...you will be on your way home!

    It is great to hear about your experiences. Has anyone ask to take your picture yet? Many Chinese citizens have never met people from the "West". Your blond hair and blue eyes stand out in the sea of black straight hair and black/brown eyes. :-) How do you like your guide? Is he/she helpful? We always had many questions for Shirley, our guide. I hope your guide is helpful as well. She should be able to help you with the formula and the representative for Eagles Wings should be able to pass along Lydia's eating habits and preferences.

    We are looking forward to hearing about your Gotcha moment with great anticipation and joy. We hope to see a photo of you,Lydia and Roseanne,also. I told Kim earlier today, every time I think of all of you, this beautiful experience and bringing home your daughter, I get the goose bumps. Sincerely, Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Russ, you know there aren't good-looking men like you in China. You're a catch! Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete